Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Desires of my Heart

Psalm 37:4 says: Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. 


There are days that I pace.  I have so many things I want to do.  Here is my list in no particular order (since I seem to have no order as of late).  Sew, knit, spin, just spend the day with my sheep, groom my horses, make curtains for my hen boxes, play with my grandkids, work in my yard, clean my house top to bottom, organize the garage, clean my tool shed, plant flowers, decorate my porch, on and on and on....

 
 

  Yet, I have interruptions.  They are good interruptions.  Such as (also in no particular order) Planning our community Memorial Day Parade, going to a meeting for the revitalization of our downtown, working out with a personal trainer that I just hooked up with to fight a full fledged battle with middle age gain, knitters coming to my shop, laundry, dinner, holidays, etc.., etc... Oh! and the phone and the internet (which is my own shortcoming).

It's a dilemma that I battle with every day.  When I was younger, I just jumped into my day and did what had to be done without giving it a second thought.  However, as I have gotten older, I try to hang on to the days and make each one count.  I realize how precious each day is and I want to accomplish something worthwhile.  Thus, I notice the interruptions much more.  They are magnified.  Maybe they aren't interruptions.  Maybe they are my Savior putting things in the order that they should be each day.  Maybe I need to give them a new name.  I struggle with being a negative person, so naturally, I would call them an interruption.  However, The Lord has been working in my heart to look at things in His light, so I think I will call them "blessings".  After all, is anything, when you are following the will of God, an interruption?

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Gayle! I really needed this.

    I have so much on my "plate" in my head that I tend to take each day and just enjoy it......... regardless of what I get done or not. I agree with you... the older I get the more I feel this way.

    Sometimes I know deep down (like now for instance) that certain things need to be done but I feel like an outside source is guiding me in another direction! Oh, hello, God!

    I suppose though, we would be really bored if we didn't have all these things weighing on our minds.... That must be why God keeps us busy :)

    ReplyDelete