Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Briar Patch








Jessica (My daughter) asked me to join her this week-end at The Briar Patch for their annual craft show. Yikes! I have been in a very creative mood, but time just won't allow me go with it. I have, however, managed to work some time in and get a few things ready for the show. I usually do assemblage/collage pieces but that medley of bottles sitting on the window sill in The Loft http://www.loftartgallery.com/ have been calling out to me to dress them. I also have that wonderful rusty can of keys that continue to intrique me. So I won't have a lot to take with me but I will have a few things. I look forward to sitting back with Jessica http://www.jessicaflores.com/ and putting up our flip flops while we watch the crafters mingling around the Briar Patch http://www.thebriarpatchgardenshop.blogspot.com/ . I hope I see some of my friends there.





One of my favorite finds from a garage sale several years back was a rusty can full of beautiful old keys. I know any assemblage artist would go crazy over them. Here is a necklace that I put together with a few of my favorites.













I love glass, beads, wire, paper, etc.... junk!! Stuff! This little bottle is one of my favorites. I may have to keep it. It just seems a little sophisticated to me. Maybe it's the gold, maybe it's the Dr's prescription. Maybe it's the history.






















Leafing through my collection of Dick and Jane workbooks takes me right back to 3rd grade. I love the pictures which are so pure and innocent. I love how Dick and Janes mother and father are always there playing with them. This bottle doesn't have Dick and Jane on it, but their pets are running all around it. I will have some Dick and Jane Cards at the show this week-end.






























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... peaceful blog! A great place to showcase your talent ... which is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything! The pictures are so pretty! It doesn't get any better than chilling with you at an art fair!

    ReplyDelete